Join the Madness

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things


It's Friday, that means it's time for another installation of VikLit's Celebrate the Small Things.  Go HERE to sign up or see a list of participants. 

This week I'm celebrating ...

1. I got BLITZED!  Completely unexpected and so much fun.  If you aren't part of the Blog Blitz Team yet, you can sign up HERE.

2. I went to Wal-Mart to pick up allergy meds for the young 'uns and ran into a friend I hadn't seen for a year.  Made my night!

3. My husband broke his foot last Friday, which in itself is nothing to celebrate, until I heard about a woman (younger than me) whose husband passed away the same day and suddenly I'm grateful we only have to deal with a couple little bones. 

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

7 comments:

dawnall said...

Happy Blitz Day! Sorry I'm slow. Traveling across Kansas for my Mom's surgery. Hope the day brought a bit more joy.

Suzanne Furness said...

Glad you enjoyed the Blitz! Being thankful for what we have is a good attitude, hope your husband's foot is soon on the mend.

Fanny Barnes Thornton said...

It looks as if I'm well behind with the Blitz, but happy Blitz Day, Vicki.
Hope your husband is feeling better. You're right - there's always someone worse off.

S.K. Anthony said...

Oh perspective. Yes, I'm with you. Hope he does recover soon, though. And I'm glad you enjoyed being blitzed! :D

TheCyborgMom said...

How much fun to be blitzed! Sorry about your husband's foot...but in the bigger scheme of things, it is a small thing that will pass. It's good that you have that perspective. I kind of live my own life with the whole "it could always be worse" theme. Have a great weekend!
~Katie

darth sardonic said...

I received your comment. It didn't go unnoticed. I hope you stop back by, I am finding myself on the flip side and beginning to blog again. 'Grats on your Blitz!

Medeia Sharif said...

I was blitzed recently. Wow at the comments.

This puts things into perspective. I hope your husband's foot is healed.