Join the Madness

Monday, April 7, 2014

Mock Thee Monday - Doggie Bag

A couple weeks ago I went to a women's conference. It was two days of inspiration, motivation, and fun.  

...and unexpected chuckles.

The first day at lunch, they served an ENORMOUS chicken breast with rice and veggies.  These poor chickens must have been on some military grade steroids because I've never seen a chicken grow large enough to yield such a huge chunk of meat.  It shouldn't be surprising, then, that one of the women at our table asked for a box to take 2/3 of her meal home.

What WAS surprising, though, was the hotel's reaction.  The poor lady had to sign a WAIVER in order to receive a styrofoam box for her chicken.  This cracks me up every time I look at it.  They even required a WITNESS!  




7 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

What the what? A waiver?!

I have never seen a restaurant make you sign a waiver to take the leftovers home!

That alone would make me change my mind! If THEY didn't have faith the food wouldn't make me sick the next day, then neither would I!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I bet the waiver was to release them of all responsibility should you get food poisoning from improperly storing it. (Not putting it in the fridge right away or something.) Sadly I bet that's because someone tried to sue them for that very reason.

Karen Walker said...

What? what was the waiver for? Yikes.

Bish Denham said...

That is just bizarre. But Diane may have nailed the reason.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

A waiver! Did they want the food to be wasted? I take half my food home from restaurants nearly every time I eat out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What did the waiver say? They were not responsible for the taste if you over-nuked it at home?

Sharon Himsl said...

A waiver? You're kidding. I wonder what was up with that giant chicken. We live in strange times!
Shells–Tales–Sails