Join the Madness

Friday, April 18, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things


It's Friday, that means its time for another installation of VikLit's Celebrate the Small Things.  Go HERE to sign up or see a list of participants. 

This week I'm celebrating ...


1. I trimmed my thumbnail today - now before you say "big whoop" or "You're taking this small thing celebration too far", let's give you some context.  Last November, I shut my thumb in the car door. Six weeks later, the nail fell off.  (It really wasn't as gross as it sounds).  I've been waiting almost six months for this day. It's not quite back to normal yet, but I'm still celebrating. 

2. Our dog got out during a storm this week, but we got her back the next morning, thank goodness.  Microchipping is good, but don't forget the good old-fashioned collar with tags!

3. My sister is coming for a weekend visit today.  YAY!

2 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful things to celebrate! :) Your thumbnail story made me giggle, because a while back I had a baby toenail that kept falling off. I used to paint the skin to make it look like it was still there. I was SO relieved when it grew back! Have a great weekend <3

VikLit said...

Heh I was just about to say what a GREAT small celebration LOL :) Love it. Well done on the thumbnail cutting!