Join the Madness

Friday, April 11, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things


It's Friday, that means its time for another installation of VikLit's Celebrate the Small Things.  Go HERE to sign up or see a list of participants. 

This week I'm celebrating ...


1.  While out walking with my daughter, a car honked at us. Honestly, they probably honked at her, but she’s only 12 (doesn’t look it, but I assure you she is).  Since I’m sure the driver would be mortified if he knew he’d honked at a middle schooler, I think the proper thing is for me to assume responsibility for that blast of appreciation thereby saving everyone else involved from undue embarrassment.

2.  I found a new home for our sweet bunny.  My husband and I found out we were allergic soon after adopting her three years ago.  Since then we’ve been trying every way we could think of to manage the allergies, when that failed we started the search for a new home, and finally found just the right match.  Hope she’s very happy!

3.  I have walked 10,000 steps (or more) every day this week. On a normal day (without seeking out exercise) I walk about 4-5,000 steps, so I’ve doubled my activity!  If anyone has a Fit Bit and wants a friend to cheer them on, let me know.

6 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Well done on those steps. Glad your bunny has found a new home.

Fanny Barnes Thornton said...

I remember getting wolf whistles when I was 12 - a long time ago. It's nothing to worry about, I'm sure your daughter just thought it was funny.
Bless the bunny.
I'm trying to do more walking myself. Good celebrations.

Fanny Barnes Thornton said...

I remember getting wolf whistles when I was 12 - a long time ago. It's nothing to worry about, I'm sure your daughter just thought it was funny.
Bless the bunny.
I'm trying to do more walking myself. Good celebrations.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He honked at you.
Glad you found a home for your rabbit.

BECKY said...

Hey Vicki! It's been way too long since I stopped by. I need to read more about find out about your bunny, and the steps you're walking every day, etc. Wishing you a wonderful week!

VikLit said...

I am glad you found your bunny a new home!