Join the Madness

Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

I remember as a kid my friend and I would sit in a window and sing "Rain rain go away Vicki and whatever-her-name-was want to play".  Meanwhile my brother would be cheering the rain on from another window.  He always was contrary.

Who knew thirty years later, I'd be anxious for the rain to return?  I even paid homage to it on my walls this weekend:

It's a little crooked...I'm blaming it on the camera

The problem isn't a lack of precipitation.  Oh no, Mother Nature keeps dumping plenty of that on us.  It's just she keeps delivering it as snow and I've had about enough of that frozen nuisance. Set another record for cold this morning, too.  It's MARCH people.  I normally see my tulips peeking out of the ground by now, but I can't even SEE the ground. Poor little tulips are buried under this avalanche.

won't be using this gate for awhile

C'mon rain.  We miss you!

8 comments:

SA Larsenッ said...

I know how you feel. This year has been crazy with snow. My childhood consisted of tons of snow like this, but only through the months of November, December, and January. February would show signs of warmer weather on it's. March was all about rain, melting, and hooting for spring. I miss that. (Love your word wall.)

Karen Walker said...

We have a pretty severe draught in New Mexico so any rain or snow would be welcome.

Bish Denham said...

I do wish we could get some rain here is Texas. Even a 1/2 foot of snow would be good. Anything to help break this drought, now entering year 4.

shelly said...

Move to Florida.

Janet Johnson said...

I could have written this post! (Except it probably wouldn't have been as entertaining, and I wouldn't have had that great picture of the quote on the wall . . . but you get my point.) Go away, Snow! It is a snow day here. Kids moping because it is too cold to go out and enjoy the snow. Not fun. :( I'll take the rain, too, thank you very much.

Stephen Tremp said...

I grew up in Michigan and my mom had tulips. Fond memories they are.

We just got rain and quite a bit. Our drought stricken land got a bit of relief.

Mason Canyon said...

We had rain today followed by cold temperatures, but thankfully we aren't suppose to get snow. But with this crazy winter weather, you never know. Hope your snow leaves soon.

Carolyn V said...

I love your wall. We have had very little snow lately. It feels more like May than March. So strange.