Join the Madness

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Feel The Love - TED

No, my husband's name is not Ted and I'm not seeing anyone with that name.  

I'm talking about this TED:



TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design, and there's a TED talk for pretty much anything you might be interested in...and a lot of things you didn't think could BE interesting. 

I'd heard of TED before, but on a whim a few weeks ago, I downloaded the app for my phone and my life will never be the same.


I LOVE TED TALKS!!!

I was going to post links to my favorite talks, but I don't know if that's even possible because my favorite tends to be whatever I just watched.

I'll try to post a few that blew my mind:

Why We Make Bad Decisions (this is one of the last ones I watched)
Embrace the Shake (this was one of the first I watched. inspiring)
Folding Microscope (what it sounds like - way cool)
Needle Free Vaccines (implications of this are jaw dropping)

Really, I could go on and on. Some are surprisingly funny, and they all live up to the tag line Ideas Worth Spreading.  

I think what I love most is the counter-message to the doom and gloom that we get inundated with in today's media. There's no question we are facing some monumental challenges.  But listen to a few TED talks and you're going to leave with a sense of HOPE...that we can not only take on these problems, but solve them.  

Click over.  You won't be sorry.


No comments: