Join the Madness

Friday, March 21, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things

I stumbled across a weekly blogfest all about celebrating the the good things in your week and so I jumped in with both feet.  If you'd like to sign up just click over to Scribblings of an Aspiring Author - Viklit's Writing Blog and add your name to the list.

This week I'm celebrating:

1. Spring Break - my kids are out, which means I have a week free of nagging them to hurry up and get up/get dressed/eat your breakfast/brush your teeth/find your back pack/wear your coat.  I can wake up and just go to work.  BLISS!

2. A visit (albeit abbreviated) from oldest daughterling who's been off at college.

3. WARM(er) weather!  We actually hit 50 this week!  Sure, it rained, but the snow is almost all gone and I've seen robins hopping around so I think Spring has officially sprung in this neighborhood.

I could go on, but there are lots of blogs to visit, so I'll keep it to the top 3.

(Speaking of visiting other blogs...for some reason Google is not letting me follow anyone this morning, so I'll have to try again later)

13 comments:

Lexa Cain said...

Yay for Spring Break and more free time. It's so nice your daughter's come home to visit, and that the weather is being cooperative. Have a lovely weekend! :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Our spring break is next month. Not that we get one, thanks to having to make up snow days.

Mason Canyon said...

Wonderful things to celebrate. Have a great weekend.

Nana Prah said...

Enjoy your visit from your daughter. Not having to harrass your kids in the morning is a lovely break for you as well.

Tara Tyler R said...

yay! nice to meet you!
we get spring break this week too! going to visit my folks in atlanta and do a book conference! woot!

nice to have a visit from your daughter. and today it's supposed to hit 60s in ohio - yay for spring!
have a great weekend!

Suzanne Furness said...

The warmer weather makes us all feel better doesn't it? Enjoy your time with your family.

Jennifer Kreft said...

Welcome to the blog hop! All of these are good reasons to celebrate! Enjoy your daughter's visit!

M. J. Joachim said...

It's been a very good spring break this year. I must agree, it's definitely something to celebrate.

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Writing Tips
Effectively Human
Lots of Crochet Stitches


Sharon Himsl said...

I'm still laughing at your restroom observation in a previous post. I will definitely pay more attention next time!! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

S.K. Anthony said...

Warmer weather, yes! Well, we only got about 2 degrees warmer here, but hey, I'll take it lol

Glad you've enjoyed getting up and just going to work without all the kids' hassles. My turn will start in September with that, it should be some kind of fun o_0

Happy weekend ;)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy your kid free time. The weekly Celebretate meme is fun, welcome.

shelly said...

Good things to celebrate!

Kelley said...

Yay on spring break!
Hope your week goes well!