Join the Madness

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hand Me the Dunce Cap...

I know every mother thinks her child is a genius, but other mothers have not had to play with my son.  I seriously need to go back to school so I can keep up with him.  Other ten year olds might be satisfied with a game of catch, going for a bike ride, or maybe playing with some cars.  Not my Coders.  His 'games' are a little more....involved.  And a LOT more cerebral.

Today I came home from work and saw the counter covered in these drawings:



I knew what was coming, even before he made the announcement.

"Tonight, at 8:30, we're going to play Name the Microsoft OS"

That's right.  He mocked up a typical desktop for every Microsoft operating system from Windows 95 to Windows 8.  



I failed miserably.  I got two right, but that's only because he helped by giving me hints (Cody: "Windows nnnnn..." Me: "Windows 95? 97? 98?").  I also increased my odds by recycling answers figuring I'd eventually get one right.  

And when I quizzed him?

He got every single stinking one right.

Not that I'm surprised.  The boy's a genius.

No comments: