Join the Madness

Sunday, October 13, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Weeks 40 & 41

WEEK 40
One of my favorite things to do is to leave a couple dollars in a store or other public space.  Part of the allure is it's quick and easy.  And everyone loves the thrill of finding cash, right?  The other day I was in our local convenience store and on a whim decided to leave a couple bucks inside a coffee cup.  I slipped the bills with my calling card inside, but when I put it back on the stack of cups, it fell off.  Instead, I tucked it under the edge of the coffee maker and then ushered my daughter away so that no one would associate us with their windfall.

Not ten seconds after we paid for our stuff, a woman found my gift and did a little happy dance saying, "I should shop here more often!"  I was able to make a clean get away, but I wonder if the staff suspects.  

WEEK 41
My birthday fell during this week, so I made a huge tray of white chocolate macadamia nut and traditional chocolate chip cookies and took them to work.  They were gone in record time.  I tried to stay anonymous with this one, but I'm SUCH a bad liar, that it didn't work. 

I can't believe we've only got 11 weeks left in the year.  Better start prioritizing the remaining items on my idea list!

2 comments:

SA Larsenッ said...

Those cookies sound AMAZING! Want...

You have been doing so wonderful with your kindness vow. Such an inspiration. Thanks for thinking of others. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday! Someone needs to pull a random act of kindness on you.