Join the Madness

Thursday, September 12, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 36

My self-imposed rules do not state anything about repeating a kindness, and yet I find myself feeling guilty every time I do something I've already done.  Not guilty enough to stop me, mind you, just wishing I could be more original.  I have plenty of original ideas left in the hopper, but money has been tight lately and so I've been saving the bigger ideas for a better cash flow.

This week I happened to be in the drive thru lane at Arby's.  I heard the intercom behind me announce the driver's total at $4 and some odd cents.  Impulsively I pull out a calling card and prepare to pay the cashier for that order, too.  But while I'm waiting my turn, I'm watching the rear view mirror to get a look at the unsuspecting recipient.  The man behind me was just your average joe, but the woman in the car behind him caught my eye.  She looked stressed.  Really bothered about something, like she had a thousand things to do and even stopping for lunch was a hassle.  So I made the on-the-spot decision to cover her meal too.

I did not stop to see their reactions, but who wouldn't enjoy a free lunch?

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You probably made that woman's day.