Join the Madness

Thursday, July 25, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Weeks 28 & 29


***************************************
Rated C for Cody
***************************************

Whoa, what a busy couple of weeks these have been.  We switched internet providers which was a little bumpy at first, thanks to a faulty router.  I also had a visit from my sister (hi, D!) and took a vacation with the fam. I've been performing my acts of kindness faithfully each week, I just haven't posted about it ... until now.

Week 28:
This week I did something a little different.  I made a concerted effort to make sure there was always a fresh pot of coffee in the break room at work.  I'd heard a few hard-core coffee drinkers complain that there's never any coffee when they go to get a cup, so even though I've never tried the stuff, I made dozens of pots this week for those who do drink.   

Week 29: 
This week I focused on "buy one, get one".  So, if I bought a soda at work, I fed another dollar into the machine for the next person.  If I bought a snack at the store, I left an extra dollar behind to fund someone else's munchies.  I put extra change into a parking meter that was about to expire, and lots of other little things.

Until next week.....

2 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

I just love the buy one get one idea, must try this... thanks.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

All those little things add up, Vicki.