Join the Madness

Monday, July 1, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Weeks 25 & 26

Been pretty busy around here the last few weeks -- and it's not going to slow down in July, so you'll just have to trust me when I say I am getting the deeds done on schedule, I'm just not getting the posts written and published.

Week 25 I paid for the person behind me in the drive-thru lane again.  I really don't eat fast food all that often, but this particular day work kept me busy until almost 2, and since I hadn't brought anything with me, I was too hungry to go wade through the grocery store to find a healthier option as I had originally planned.

Up to this point I haven't witnessed anyone's reaction to finding one of my gifts.  I thought the drive-thru would be a perfect chance -- but I chickened out.  I could not look in my rear view mirror for anything.  Turns out I am REALLY uncomfortable outside the anonymous do-gooder role.

For week 26, I reverted to being anonymous.  I stopped at a convenience store on my way home and hid $2 in a box of M&M's (on sale! 2 bags for $2!) and another $2 inside a 32 ounce soda cup.  

Can't believe the year is half over...AND I'm still going strong!  Looking forward to what the next 26 weeks bring.


No comments: