Join the Madness

Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's for Dinner?

I'm browsing recipes online trying to find fast - but tasty - recipes for the week, and while there is no shortage of recipes on the web, a lot of them are meant for serious foodies.  Do people really eat things like Butternut Squash & Tomato Posole on a frantic Wednesday night?  What about Ancho-Honey Pork Tenderloin with Cheese Grits?  Seriously?  

I will readily admit that our menu has stagnated a bit. But, hey! That's why I was looking for new recipes.  I'm thinking more along the lines of zesty crockpot meals the kids go crazy over or something we can get on the table in 30 minutes or less.  I don't know about you, but by the time I get home from work, I've already been battling my stomach for an hour and a half -- I don't want anything complicated, I just want it NOW.

Soooo...tell me what you had for dinner last night, what you're going to make tonight, or your favorite go-to meal.  Mayhap I'll discover the rest of the world is full of foodies and we are seriously behind the culinary times!

1 comment:

Murr Brewster said...

Oh, I'm lazy. If I absolutely have to cook for myself, which I mostly don't, I'll make a big-ass lasagna and take a square from it every night until it's gone. This is probably not acceptable to the rest of the family.