Join the Madness

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mock Thee Monday

I took my son to McDonald's recently.  I paid cash, and my change was 55 cents.  The guy handed me a handful of coins, which surprised me because I was only expecting a couple quarters and a nickel.  I didn't think much of it, just assumed he was out of quarters and had to make do.


He then announced to his manager that he needed more nickels and dimes, so I took a peek at the cash drawer and saw that he had plenty of quarters -- so why he chose to give me two dimes, six nickels and five pennies is beyond me. 

I asked my son (who will be going into 5th grade) if he knew the best way to make 55 cents.  He says "The best way is a half dollar and a nickel." Then I asked him for the second best way and he says "Two quarters and a nickel."  

There you have it.  McDonald's is NOT smarter than a fifth grader.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe he just liked bugging his boss for change?

Janet Johnson said...

Ha ha! That is awesome. I LOVED that show and was sad they cancelled it.

Mel Chesley said...

Wow. Just... wow. I certainly hope it is just as Alex says...