Join the Madness

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 16

I saw something so cute on the internet this last week, I just had to do it myself...but I had to post-pone it due to circumstances beyond my control.  Should be okay for next week, though, so stay tuned for that one.

This week, I took myself back to the bookstore and rambled around the children's section looking for books that my kids loved when they were little.

First, Sandra Boynton's Blue Hat, Green Hat.  My kids loved the turkey and the "oops".  Is there anything better than hearing your child giggle?  I don't think so....



Next up, Eric Hill's Where's Spot?  My kids loved this one because they got to open wardrobe doors, peek under rugs, etc.  And they were always excited to find Spot!


And finally, the catchy Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault.  How can you not love the rhythm of this book?  A told B and B told C...I'll meet at the top of the coconut tree.  Ahhh, love love love.



My kids loved another book, but for some reason I always hated reading it.  Are You My Mother by PD Eastman.  I don't know why, but that book always drove me CRAZY.  I did not buy that one. hahaha.

I packed up all these books and sent them off to a coworker who lives clear across the country who is due to have her first child literally any day now. It's never too early to start baby's library!

1 comment:

SA Larsenッ said...

The heck with my kiddos. I love Boynton!