Join the Madness

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 14

I thought long and hard about this week's kindness.  Up to this point, most of my acts involved money of some sort - buying something for others, leaving cash for others to find, etc. 

Part of the reason for this is cardinal rule #1 - casual acts don't count, I have to go out of my way to perform each kindness. As a notorious cheapskate, money is a nice deliminator - if I'm willing to shell out cash for it, it's a big deal.

So, back to this week.  What could I do that wouldn't cost anything, but still required effort on my part?  The answer below...

I've been going back to the gym again.  A not-so-random act of kindness toward myself.  Anyway, I took some decorative scrap booking paper, cut it into little cards and printed affirmations on each one.  I took them all to the gym with me and slipped them into random lockers.





It's gonna be a grrrrreaaat day, folks! 

*************************************************
UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE
*************************************************

Just back from another night at the gym where I sweat my brains out.  Don't worry, that's a good thing.  

After I was done, I returned to the locker room to get my stuff and looked for signs that my notes had been found.  Some lockers were empty, and they weren't in the trash, so I was feeling pretty good!  But THEN.....

I rinsed my face with cool water (all that sweatin, you know) and when I'd finished I noticed my notes were lined up on the counter for everyone to read.  Absolutely made my day!  

Told ya it was going to be a great day!

6 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Awww :) I love that!

Heidi Willis said...

That is AWESOME!!! And probably worth a ton more than money to the person who receives! What a great idea!

Dawn Ius said...

Amazing! Love your 52 weeks of kindness theme...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that was your best idea yet!!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

That that idea. Granted, I would have been a little worried if I had found one in my locker, as if someone was stalking me. But once I saw others got messages too, I wouldn't have been so freaked out. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

I still have some of the items from the wonderful package you sent me way back when. You are too nice. I hope you're having a great day.