Join the Madness

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 13

I was very excited about this week's RAK (random act of kindness).  I love the fun of finding treats or anything unexpected, so it's no surprise that most of my acts involve leaving things behind for others to find.  And with Easter coming up, what a perfect excuse to hide some Easter eggs of my own!

It wasn't as easy filling the eggs as I thought it would be.  It had to be small enough to fit inside, and had to be fun for either a boy or girl, and couldn't be toxic or a choking hazard.  I also didn't want to put candy inside because as a mother, I would never allow my child to eat candy (even still in the wrapper) that I didn't know the source of.  

I struck out at the dollar store, but then I went to Party City and WOW.  If you want to do something like this, I highly recommend going to Party City.  They have lots of little (CHEAP) trinkets generally used for goody bags.  I settled on a selection of stickers and miniature bottles of bubbles.  I will be going back to stock up for other deeds.



I filled a dozen eggs, headed out to the library as soon as it opened, and daughterling and I hid the eggs in the children's section.  

The universe was against me, though.  We had to wait a few minutes while daughterling #2 browsed through the movies, so I sat at one of the kids tables to watch.  Surely, with all the kids running around someone would find one of the eggs while I was there, right?  

Nope.

Daughterling found her movies, and we had to get home because hubs was going golfing and we couldn't leave Coders home alone.  I thought for sure this would be the week I got to witness the moment of discovery, but the wait continues....

Is anyone playing along?  I'd love to hear about it.  And if you have any ideas you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them too! 

2 comments:

SA Larsenッ said...

Aw...I love leaving little things for other peeps to find. That is so fun! I've done it mostly with my kids and husband. I've been known to leave really embarrassing gushing notes in their lunch boxes. LOL

Em said...

This is something I've totally wanted to do, every time I see the plastic eggs at the store. This year especially, but I think everything like this is put off until I'm settled.

But then!!! I love all of this!