Anyway, now that it's over and he's made his choice, I think ABC is missing an opportunity for a real tell all. I don't care about the cast coming back and yelling insults at one another. Puh-lease. What I'd like to see is a behind-the-scenes episode that would tell me the following:
- How much money the girls spend buying cocktail dresses, jewelry, and cosmetics. Seriously, they never wear the same clothes twice - and you can bet most of them don't have closets stuffed full of formal wear, so how much does the average contestant spend to go on the show?
- Show me the staff scrambling to set up those over-the-top romantic dates. The unexpected wind gusts that keep blowing out the candles, and blowing tablecloths on top of the food.
- Speaking of food -- who cooks for all those dates? Is it catered from a restaurant? Do they have a chef on staff?
- How many candles do they go through every season? If I had DVR, I'd tape the show and slow each scene down so I could count them.
- How much alcohol do they go through? Seriously - they drink like fish, and that's just on camera.
- What do the dateless girls back at the house eat? Is the fridge stocked and they help themselves or do they have a cook, do they go out or order takeout?
- What do the girls at the house do all day when they're not on a date? Are they required to stay in the house? Can they go out and explore?
- Who really comes up with the dates? Do the producers have a list - does the Bachelor get to sit in on this planning and offer his input?
- Does someone clue the girls in as to what they should wear before each date? You never see them leave with a bag, but they always have a swimsuit and then something more formal for dinner.
- How many weeks does it take to film a season of the bachelor? They show one episode a week, but they could cram filming into just a few weeks if they wanted to.
What would YOU like to see?