Join the Madness

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What I'd Like To See - The Bachelor

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I watched this season of the Bachelor.  Mostly it's a coincidence as my son has a funny preference for ABC right now and won't let us change the channel.

Anyway, now that it's over and he's made his choice, I think ABC is missing an opportunity for a real tell all. I don't care about the cast coming back and yelling insults at one another. Puh-lease. What I'd like to see is a behind-the-scenes episode that would tell me the following:

  • How much money the girls spend buying cocktail dresses, jewelry, and cosmetics.  Seriously, they never wear the same clothes twice - and you can bet most of them don't have closets stuffed full of formal wear, so how much does the average contestant spend to go on the show? 
  • Show me the staff scrambling to set up those over-the-top romantic dates. The unexpected wind gusts that keep blowing out the candles, and blowing tablecloths on top of the food. 
  • Speaking of food -- who cooks for all those dates? Is it catered from a restaurant? Do they have a chef on staff? 
  • How many candles do they go through every season?  If I had DVR, I'd tape the show and slow each scene down so I could count them.
  • How much alcohol do they go through? Seriously - they drink like fish, and that's just on camera. 
  • What do the dateless girls back at the house eat?  Is the fridge stocked and they help themselves or do they have a cook, do they go out or order takeout?
  • What do the girls at the house do all day when they're not on a date?  Are they required to stay in the house? Can they go out and explore?
  • Who really comes up with the dates? Do the producers have a list - does the Bachelor get to sit in on this planning and offer his input?
  • Does someone clue the girls in as to what they should wear before each date? You never see them leave with a bag, but they always have a swimsuit and then something more formal for dinner. 
  • How many weeks does it take to film a season of the bachelor? They show one episode a week, but they could cram filming into just a few weeks if they wanted to. 
What would YOU like to see?

6 comments:

BECKY said...

Sorry, I've never watched it. But, to answer your question about what I would like to see.....FEWER "reality" shows!! :D

Kim said...

I'd like to see a date where the woman tells it like it is...if they weren't strutting and fawning for the camera, maybe they'd honestly say what they think of the bachelor - there's no way that all the women would fall for him.

Em said...

My guess,and it's just a guess, is that they have costumers on the show and the wardrobes for everyone are supplied.

The rest of it: no idea! It would be fun to know, right?

shelly said...

I just don't have time to watch that stuff. But you have some really good questions,though.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Murr Brewster said...

I don't know, but I do know if I was expected to bring a swimsuit to a date, I wouldn't eat dinner for weeks.

SA Larsenッ said...

You've hit a few good ones, here. They really DON'T ever wear the same clothes, do they. Dang, I think we're in the wrong business.