Join the Madness

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 12

I just sort of winged it this week.  I was out prowling thrift stores over the weekend and came THIS close to picking up this super cute lime green leather purse.  The only reason I didn't is because it was fairly deep and that means I would never be able to find my keys and I would get all crabby and frustrated.

So I did the next best thing.  I stuck $5 inside it with one of my 'business' cards and put it back on the rack.  Someone will have a nice surprise - and if they find it before they buy it, the $5 is enough to cover the price of the bag. Win win.

That seemed too easy, though. So in the next store I tucked another $5 between the wall and the soap dispenser.  Hoping to be present when it was discovered, I hung around the area.  

After a minute, a woman went into the restroom. FINALLY! I'd get to witness the moment of discovery.  She came out a few minutes later but her expression was unreadable.  I waited a bit longer, but there's only so much time one can lurk outside a ladies room without arousing suspicion.  Maybe next week. 

4 comments:

Em said...

I hate to tell you this, but if I found five dollars in a thrift store purse, I'd give it to the thrift store, since they're usually raising money for good works! (Of course, I'd feel good about myself, so it's a win. ;)

You are doing such cool things, I love reading these posts!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

One of these days you'll catch someone's reaction.

Kristi said...

I love reading these posts and hearing about all the creative ways you've been giving back and showing kindness.

Thanks so much for sharing them...and for being the kind of person that thinks up these cool things in the first place. :)

DL Hammons said...

I'm constantly lurking outside of ladies rooms waiting on my wife. Oh my!! :)