Join the Madness

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

52 Weeks - Week 5

This week's act feels like a cop out, my friends.  I had planned to do something fun on Sunday, but my daughterling (11) decided to pull some 16-year-old-sized-attitude out of her pocket and it kinda sorta pissed me off.  Any of you with children will know exactly the kind of mood I was in.  Kids can (and will!) push your buttons like professionals.

So I was feeling anything but giving the rest of the day.  I was surly and steaming and put off my act of kindness until I felt the spirit. Mondays are the last day of my giving week, so I had to do something.  I wound up financing Daughterling #1's ice cream run with a friend.

On the one hand, this breaks my cardinal rule - I didn't have to go out of my way to do it - as well as the secondary rule to keep it as anonymous as possible.  However, she DID have a supremely crappy day, and DID appreciate the cash as she's between jobs. I didn't have to go out of my way to do it, but it WILL affect me the rest of the week as I no longer have any disposable cash.  

I suppose you could count not strangling the 11 year old as a kindness, too, right?  God save me when she is 16!

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not strangling your daughter counts in my book. There's a reason some animals eat their young.