Join the Madness

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Douchebag Day - The Results

THIS POST IS RATED NC (NO CODY)

52 weeks of kindness I can do.  Being nice to a douchebag (click here) for one day was a lot tougher than I anticipated.

It started out well.  I offered a cheerful "Good Morning!" the first time our paths crossed.  Unfortunately, that was apparently code for "please follow me back to my desk and yammer away for 20 minutes"

Yup.  My resolution was put to the test bright and early.  I didn't think I would make it, to be honest with you.  I had to scribble a note to remind myself (while he was still yammering...luckily he didn't ask what it stood for):


I think it's safe to say that sainthood is well out of my reach.  In fact, I'm feeling an uncomfortable scorching heat on the soles of my feet.  I think I may be sliding in the wrong direction.

He eventually went back to his desk, and I was able to remotivate myself and am happy to report that I met the goal.  I even left a surprise on his desk later in the afternoon.

Word to the wise, folks:  Don't mistake my silence for acquiescence.  Unless I say the words I agree with you, there's a good chance I don't agree at all.

I just don't want to argue about it.  (and that's exactly how I made it through the day!)

On to the next challenge!  It's going to be more fun!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If he's still breathing, then it was a success.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I want to know what the gift was. :)

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, good job! It can be really hard to act loving toward the unloveable, but I think it's good for us in the end. Good goal, and I'm glad you made it a success!