Join the Madness

Monday, January 14, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness -- Week 2


I don't know if this is good or bad, but I haven't told anyone (apart from you guys, my daughters and a sister) about my 52 weeks of kindness campaign.  Not even my husband...though I will probably clue him in eventually. :)

Honestly, I have mixed feelings blogging about my weekly good deeds.  I am not looking for external validation, and sometimes it feels a little 'braggy' to post about it.  My primary purpose in sharing here is to have a record to look back on at the end of the year...and if I inspire someone else along the way that's good too.

Meanwhile, people all around me (ie facebook) are talking about "Paying it Forward" and using the new year to help others...but not really DOING anything. It seems hypocritical of them to talk about doing these things, be lavished with public praise, but never see them take action. 

I'd like to take part in some of these conversations, because I AM doing something, and I think it could be fun to join forces with others, but just can't bring myself to blow my cover.  I'm trying to keep things as anonymous as possible and if everyone knows what I'm doing, I'll be the first person they suspect should I try to do some secret good deed for them later in the year.

So for now, this is all Top Secret. Shhhh.

I actually did lots of nice things this week.  But the only one that qualifies (ahem, the thing I went out of my way to do) was stopping by Chuck E. Cheese this weekend, buying a bunch of tokens and then distributing the cups around the gaming area for people to find. 




Wish I could have stayed to watch people find them, but I had more errands to run and had to hit the road. The place was packed, though, so I'm sure it didn't take long for them to get picked up.

Not sure what's on the agenda for next week...will keep you posted.  In the meantime, if you do any good deeds, please share!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You made some kids' day doing that!

Nicole MacDonald said...

I'm really loving your ideas :)

DL Hammons said...

You may want validation here...but your going to get some anyway.

You're my hero! :)