Join the Madness

Monday, January 7, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness - Week 1

I had something else planned for my kick-off to a year of kindness, but when I got to my initial target, there was no one there to help me.  Argh.  Sooo, I put that one on the back burner and turned to the list I brainstormed a week ago.  Aha!  There's a good one.  I can do that.

What did I do?

I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a gift card then hid it inside one of my favorite books with a note that read "I loved this book.  You should buy it."  Barely took me 5 minutes, but it was so much fun!  I wish I could be there when it is found, but that could take weeks...so I'll just check back periodically.



I also left a "business card" at the scene.  See?



I blacked out the email address as it's a top-secret address that only those who receive one of my gifts will have access to.  

If you'd like to play along at home, I can send you the Word file of the business card - all you'll have to do is print it out.  Just send an email to MissVSpeaks (at) gmail (dot) com and I'd be happy to email you the file.

4 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

I think that's just gorgeous :) I love the idea!!!

SA Larsenッ said...

That is so great!! I love this idea. It'd be a wonderful teaching tool to use for kids. Hmm...Now you've got me thinking.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fun idea! Crap, hope the store doesn't send the book back before someone finds the card.

DL Hammons said...

That is such an awesome idea!! :)