Join the Madness

Monday, December 31, 2012

Paying It Forward



I lead a very blessed life.  Don't worry, I'm not going to get all preachy on you, but you need to know that I'm one lucky S.O.B. 

Things always work out for me. 

A -- L -- W -- A -- Y -- S.

Opportunities present themselves, the right people come into my life, and even when I have to face adversity, it is never EVER as bad as it could be.

I don't know why this is, but I'm so very grateful.

Recently, my family faced some rather large challenges.  While I never lost faith that things would turn out all right in the end, they did weigh on me. 

But soon, our challenges began to unravel themselves like they always do.  I spoke with wonderful, caring people who (without my asking them) bent the rules just enough to get us where we needed to be.

In the midst of all this, I received a gift from someone I barely know – and someone who had no idea what I was going through. 

It was just a simple bottle of hand lotion, but the surprise of receiving it at just the right time brought me to tears.

As I marveled over the kindness of strangers, I decided to pay it forward, in a big way. 

And so for 2013 I will perform one random act of kindness each week – and I will document my progress here, and invite you to join me and share your stories, too.  I've got some great things planned, and can't wait for the calendar to tick over so I can get started!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

shelly said...

Cool idea! Happy New Year!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly