Join the Madness

Monday, December 24, 2012

Mock Me Monday

Just a quickie this week - Christmas is on our doorstep and I'm recovering from carpal tunnel surgery last week.  

See?



Yeah, sorry about that.  

The Mockable Moment is from the first night after my surgery.  It took about 60 hours for the numbing medicine to wear off, and it was the weirdest thing!  To memorialize the event, I shot a video of me trying to pick up a pencil...


video

If I closed my eyes I couldn't tell if I had it in my hand or not - my fingers were completely dead.  And if that's not mockable enough, my instructions were to bend my fingers regularly. I dutifully did, every few minutes raising and lowering one finger at a time...only one got caught in my splint and I freaked that I couldn't move it until I looked to see why.

       MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope your fingers are back to normal soon!
Have a great Christmas, Vicki.

Carolyn V said...

Oh my! It looks so painful. I hope you are doing okay Vicki! And have a very Merry Christmas!