Join the Madness

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mock Me Monday - My Feet

You don't know this about me, and frankly you probably don't WANT to know, but I have really really dry, cracked feet.  I could blame it on genetics - my mom had the same thing - but really, it's probably because I run around barefoot most of the time and am too embarrassed to get a professional pedicure.

Recently I found a "miracle cure" online and after expanding my search and finding soooo many people who all swore that this goofy cureall WORKED, I decided to give it a try.

Here, for the sake of science is a picture of my foot before.  This by itself is mockable.  I'm cringing inwardly at posting this.  My naked feet have never been publicized before.  Ack.



So, the magic formula is equal parts water and Listerine (others swore you could use off-brand mouthwash, so I did) and shaving cream.


So you mix equal parts water and mouthwash (I did a cup each), soak a towel in the mixture.  Meanwhile, coat your feet with shaving cream and then wrap your foot up with the soaked towel and wait for 30 minutes.  At the end of 30 minutes, you use the towel to slough off the dead skin from your feet.

Here are a few action shots just to prove I really went through the motions...




Off camera, I not only rubbed my feet with the towel, I also used a pumice stone AND added a thick foot lotion afterward...and here's the final result:

Better, but NOT what I expected.  I get better results with olive oil and salt to moisturize and exfoliate.

So there you have it, I fell victim to a snake oil treatment and would advise the rest of you not to bother with this one.  It's messy and kinda stupid.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just slide around on oil next time.

DL Hammons said...

Want me to photoshop the pic and make it all better?? :)