Join the Madness

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

STOP!

Cody recently informed me that stop signs used to be YELLOW and were changed to the familiar red somewhere in the 1950's.

I don't usually fact check the boy because he's almost always right - it's just a waste of time.  We just assume he's right and move on.  Something about his statement piqued my interest, though, so I Googled it. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he was right.

Take a look:  The change was made in 1954 according to THIS website.




Who knew?

And just for fun, here's a peek at what stop signs look like around the world.




Thanks for STOPPING by...happy writing!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never knew they were yellow!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Hey Vicki! I know I haven't been around as much because I'm a lazy boob who doesn't blog as much as she could/should anymore. BUT I just wanted to let you know, if you ever stopped blogging you'd be sorely missed! Included your blog in my 'Oh How I Miss You!' blogfest entry today;)