Join the Madness

Monday, November 19, 2012

Mock Me - Bathroom


I need an easy post today and so you're going to get a pictorial tour through the various incarnations of the bathroom in our old house.  Don't know if I ever posted this before...but if so it was so long ago there are bound to be a lot of people who never saw it.

This is the way it looked when we moved in:  All white with blue fixtures:














This was the first painting.  This was supposed to be a soft peach, but it came out more terra cotta.  Not happy.  Soooo, six months later we tried again...

This time we went pink.  Not sure if I did this without hubby's knowledge or if we just decided to take turns making over the bathroom.  Ahhhh, I miss that shower curtain.  One of my all-time favorites.


After pink we went with a jungle theme.  Gotta say I love this faux finish - and it was a total accident.  One wall (you can't see) had leopard print fabric on it.  Just use liquid starch like you would wall paper paste and voila fabric sticks to the wall!


We went for a sunny yellow after the jungle.  Pretty bright, isn't it?  Well you ain't seen nothing yet because one weekend, while I was away, my husband got into my stash of acrylic paints and did this....(scroll down)



























Once we had a meter reader or cop or someone 'official' in the house and he asked if he could use the bathroom.  I TOTALLY forgot to warn him.  He came out with eyes as wide as saucers.  Poor guy.

See that bath mat on the floor?  I made that...took forever but it was soooo soft to step on after the shower!


the guilty party....

The upside to this bathroom (despite making me laugh every time I went in there) was that you never needed to bring a book or the newspaper!  Staring at the dots was distraction enough! 

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love what hubby did! What a fun bathroom. Before the final, my favorite was the yellow. I like bright and fun bathrooms.

SA Larsenッ said...

Love it! We have so done the same thing, change after change after ....

It's great to see you again. I've somehow been missing your posts.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I love the dots! We've lived in this house for nearly 15 years and I have yet to repaint the bathroom (s). I hate painting!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm impressed! We've never even painted our bathroom.

Tamara Narayan said...

I'm impressed you have the energy to change the paint so many times. The last time I painted our tiny master bath I was seven months pregnant. Yes, it looks horrible, but it's periwinkle!