Join the Madness

Monday, October 8, 2012

My memory is not what it used to be. (I almost wrote momory which I think is appropriate since I never had this problem BEFORE I had children.)

Anyway, one fine Monday morning before I woke my children for school, I prepared myself a lunch.  It'd been awhile since I brought lunch to work, and I was tired of eating out.  Not only is it expensive, but it winds up being way more calories than I need.

It's important to note that I was congratulating myself, feeling organized and in control having my lunch assembled before the kids got up.  Normally I just throw a couple things in a sack as I'm dashing off to the garage to go go go. Which is why I often end up just eating out.

So, I unzip the bottom pouch of my lunch box to slip a granola bar in, but something catches my eye, so I flip it open all the way and see THIS:



The grapes I'd forgotten about had rotted into a gooey, furry mess.  I took one look and tossed the whole lunch box in the trash.  No WAY I was cleaning that up. EWW

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not enough bleach in the world! I would've tossed it as well.

Mel Chesley said...

Eww! I would have tossed it as well, lol! It happens, especially when you're super busy.

The Kid In The Front Row said...

You mean you didn't eat it? ;)