Join the Madness

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I have my limits

I am an avid thrift-store junkie.  

There's nothing I love more than getting a bargain.  Second-hand stores get a bad rap -- and most of it is undeserved.  Sure you run into a lot of granny's basement "treasures" smelling faintly of kitty litter, but you also find a lot of NEW merchandise, tags still attached. 

I go thrifting almost every weekend. It's all about keeping an open mind and being patient.  Sometimes I find all kinds of cool things to add to the household decor or my wardrobe and sometimes I return empty handed.

One day recently, I ran smack-dab into a boundary I never knew existed. I discovered that I have limits, that there are some things that I absolutely positively cannot buy at a thrift store.  

And here is a prime example:




I don't wanna know where these came from or who wound up purchasing them.  I'm going to keep purchasing my feminine hygiene products at the grocery store, thank you very much.


4 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

LOL. And all you can do is laugh. :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's disturbing...

Bish Denham said...

OMG! I definitely do the thrift-shop rounds. I absolutely will not buy underwear or swimsuits.

Nicole MacDonald said...

Glenn and I love thrift shopping too and there's a fantastic recycled clothing store we frequent. I am a little creeped out that we need to take antihistamines before entering it though.... but the stuff we find is worth it!