Join the Madness

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

H2-NO

Let me just say out right that I don't drink enough water.  I'm always looking for new ways to trick my palate into chugging more of the liquid necessity.

And so, one day while I was at the store I saw this bottle (sorry it's sideways, I'm being lazy).  See the pretty purple swirls?  And it's berry breeze flavored - doesn't that conjure up images of lying in a hammock in some exotic, tropical paradise?  






Not anymore.  No sirree bob.

I brought this home from the store and my kids were immediately attracted to the swirly label the same way I was.  I warned them it was MINE - and they stomped off, pouting.

So the next day at work, after eating my salad, I remembered my berry breeze in the fridge and ran off to retrieve it.  I took one swallow and UGH.  It tasted like fish.  Gross.  Who in their right mind would sell fish flavored water - where was my berry breeze?

Then I read the label - 100 mg of Omega3 aka fish oil.  Blech.  I read the labels now.

Do yourselves a favor and do NOT buy this unless looking at fish aquariums make you thirsty...


6 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Oh ugh.
And someone in their marketing department needs a raise! (Or a kick in the behind.)

Val said...

The HORROR! That's a true bait-and-switch tactic.

Shelly said...

Thank you for making me laugh.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

BECKY said...

Vicki, where the heck have I been?! I don't know why I haven't stopped by in so long....must've been lost somewhere in the woods...
I'm like you, I don't like to drink water! There, I said it! So, I try to trick myself, too: Lots of coffee, and iced tea!
That drink was so disgusting!! Eewww. I can just smell that fishy odor! But, in a funny kind of way! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds disgusting!
I like plain water, and drink over eighty ounces a day, but sometimes I add Crystal Light flavorings just for variety.

Shockgrubz said...

I now know what to watch out for. Your unpleasant experience was not wasted. Thanks.