Join the Madness

Monday, September 24, 2012

Mock Me Monday

I started a new job earlier this year.  It was a bit of an adjustment at first - going from an office of 2 to an office of almost 70.  Just learning everyone's names was a daunting task, but I managed to master them in about a month.  I might have matched names to faces faster if I weren't working with engineers who never leave their desk / cubicle.

Over the summer, we were allowed to take every other Friday off, providing we worked our 80 hours in the previous 9 work days.  I don't mention this to make you envious, but because this is going to be my excuse for what happens next.

I got to work early one day, eager to impress my new coworkers and managers.  I noticed one of the managers -- besieged by questions from his direct reports -- was hovering near my desk.  

This could only mean one thing -- I was about to get my first "real" assignment.  YES! I would exceed expectations and wow everyone with my intelligence and competence.

He says, "I'll be right there.  I have to talk to Vicki for a minute."

This was it.  The moment I'd been waiting for.  He leans over and whispers, "Your sweater is inside out."

Uh, yeah.  I ran off to the restroom more than a little mortified.

10 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

*LOL* how do we do that?? I walked the halls of my high school once oblivious to the fact I'd buttoned my shirt inside out (though it did explain why the buttons seemed weird..) I guess you have to be grateful that he pointed it out discreetly - no bellowing and pointing *grin*

Mel Chesley said...

Augh! Never fails. And at least he pointed it out. Unlike my entire family not telling me I had something in my teeth once and just kept smiling like an idiot... lol!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You were just preparing them for all the Vickiness!
Good to have you back.

Shelly said...

Too funny!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

LTM said...

LOL!!! OH, Vicki! You're back! How wonderful, and ha ha! At least your sweater wasn't tucked in your underwear or anything. :D

GOOD LUCK in the new job! I missed you. Can't wait to read more funnies~ <3

From the Mind of a Madman said...

haha! oh no! Hey at least it wasnt the old classic toilet paper hanging from your backside.

Val said...

That backwards sweater faux pas happened to a hallmate of mine in college. We were at a frat house at the time. I had to be the bearer of obvious news. I don't suppose there's anything you're not telling us...

Susan Fields said...

Too funny! I remember walking into my seventh grade geography class with my zipper unzipped one day - how humiliating! Good luck with your new job!

Carolyn V said...

Nooo!!! lol. I'm so sorry. But I'm glad the job is going well.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

*snort* That sounds like something that would happen to me.

I'm impressed you learned everyone's name so quickly. I'm lousy with names. :( I can't even get my kids' names straight. lol