Join the Madness

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update

Thanks for all the positive vibes -- I got the job I wanted and will start the first of May.  I hope to get back to regular blogging soon after.

I'm off to the Missouri Writer's Guild conference in St. Louis this weekend.  Anyone else going?  I had a fabulous time last year and am looking forward to another great weekend.

I've got two pitch sessions this year and am freaking out just a bit (okay, a lot).  So I'm spending every last waking minute going over my MS.  It's killing me because I'm second guessing EVERYTHING.  Should I keep this scene here or move it? Or maybe I should just delete it and work the bits in somewhere else.  It's okay.

They're also doing a panel where we submit the first two pages of our MS and a group of agents will read a random selection (out loud) and tell us what they liked and didn't like.  I sat in a similar session with Kristin Nelson last year and it was VERY informative.

Hope to see you all soon!




4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the job, Vicki! And good luck at the conference. Hope to see you around here in May because I've missed your wit.

Bish Denham said...

Congratulations, Vicki! Have fun at the conference. May your brain be filled with so much wonderful info that you vomit it forth onto your screen to share with the rest of us.

Julie Dao said...

Congrats, Vicki! And good luck at the conference! I wish I could attend a writerly conference ... I'll have to plan a trip one day soon :)

Kristi said...

Yay on the new job and have FUN at the writers conference! I hope you'll blog about it when you get back! :)