Join the Madness

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ode to Snow

I hate winter.  I do.  It's cold, the roads are slick and mucky, and you have to wear 600 layers to stay warm because it's cold...(oh, I already said that)


But since today is the day of love, I thought I'd turn it all around and put a positive spin on winter for you.  Self-delusion if you will.  Here are TEN good things about winter:


1. The snow is pretty when it's falling
2. Snow days.  They're not just for kids...
3. It's a super-fast way to chill your Diet Coke (sub-zero days or a snow drift on the deck will cool your Coke down faster than your freezer.
4. Winter is the best time to wear BOOTS!  (And I love love love love boots)
5. No one asks why you're hanging out inside
6. Christmas happens in the winter (at least for us in the Northern part of the world)
7. This isn't possible in the rain: 

Someone turned around in our driveway
8. There are more holidays in winter than any other season
9. Winter comfort food...mmmmm
10. It comes right before SPRING!


What would you like to add to the list?

5 comments:

Shockgrubz said...

At least you can look on the positive side. I like how the car just randomly made a couple of hearts.

SA Larsenッ said...

I agree with #1 and #10!!! I'm thinking we're getting closer....

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

wow. trying to figure out the treads...

Carole Anne Carr said...

Definitely the one about it coming just before Spring! I hate our cold winters... brrrr..

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Snow days are not just for kids! I live for that one day we get every year. Maybe every other year...