Join the Madness

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Cody Quips

Me: Cody, did you kick Daddy's booty in Mario Kart?
Cody: Yes. I kicked all of his body parts.

Cody got out of bed one night to come share this nugget:
C: Starz never shows THX. 
Me: Oh, really?  It's safe then.
C: Except for that day in April 2011
Me: Oh?
C: April 16, 2011 I think it was.It was a Broadway trailer.

(I don't doubt him)

While washing his hands one night we heard him singing:
Oh yeah I'm getting that DRY feeling...oooh so dryyyyyyyy


On January 17th:
Tomorrow is a bad day. Wikipedia is going to close down for the WHOLE day which means I'll have to go on Wikia and I don't like Wikia.
(this was the first I'd heard about websites going dark in protest of SOPA)

Just a one-liner:
Sometimes tickling makes you lose your business


I noticed one day that Cody's digital clock in his room was six hours off.  He's always had a thing with clocks.  He used to unplug his sister's all the time.  I don't know why he's changed the time, but I fix it while he was brushing his teeth.


The next morning he runs out and says: 
C: Mom! Why did you fix my clock?
Me: The time was wrong.
C: Not in the U.K.!  
(yup, the UK is 6 hours ahead of us)


We were waiting at the salon to get Coder's hair cut.  I pulled out my Kindle and pulled up the flashcard app.  He humored me, and gave me the answers, but not without his own spin:
C:  Nine.....(sigh)....seven...I'm saying this in a bored voice....twelve...
Haircut lady: Cody? Are you ready?
C: Yes, yes, YES! Get me outta here!


Our school district had a two hour delay recently due to icy roads.
Kbear wakes up at normal time, comes into the living room fully dressed. She is unphased with news of the delay.


Cody rushes into the living room. 
Cody: Why didn't you wake me up?
Me: There's a two hour delay today
Cody: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRRRRRR


Court got up and hopped in the shower before I even knew she was awake. She wasn't happy, either.
Court: Why did you let me wake up?
Me: You want me to wake you up to tell you NOT to wake up?
C: Yes!
(okaaaaaay)


My children have very pointy elbows.  They are always digging into my side or leg.  I'm sure they don't do it on purpose, but I'm also sure they're not quite as careful as they should be.


Recently, I got "stabbed" by Cody's elbow, I doubled over saying "ow ow ow".  


Cody says: Did you get poked with my ow-bow?


And my favorite:
I gave Cody a glass of chocolate milk recently.  He always drinks it with a straw.  Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.  Anyway, I hear the slllluuuuurrrrrp sound of him draining the cup.
Me: Holy moly! Are you done already?
Cody: Did you just call me a mole? Because if you did, you're in BIIIIIG trouble.

7 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

Kids say the best stuff :-)

Dawn Ius said...

OMG, I think I love Cody. How freaking adorable!

April Plummer said...

OMG, I love when you post these. You have such an awesome kid (though, as a mom, he cannot be any more awesome than my daughter! :P )

Carolyn V said...

Hee hee hee. He is so cute. =)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Smart kid to keep up with UK time!

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

ohmygoodness! i just love him! heeheehee!

DL Hammons said...

UK time. Gotta love it!