Join the Madness

Monday, February 6, 2012

Mock Me Monday - Punctuality Counts

I don't get out much.  Part of that is because my husband has worked nights for the last 10 years and so I have stayed at home in the evenings to take over the child care duties.  


A few years ago, I was invited to a friend & coworker's party.  It was one of those home business deals and she was the hostess.  The plan was to meet at her house, do the party thing, then head out for dinner and drinks.  I happily accepted.  I even stuck the invitation on the fridge so I couldn't forget.


The day of the party (a Saturday), hubs and I spent the bulk of the afternoon out running errands.  I'm the sort that's usually early for any event because I start stressing out about being late way ahead of time.  As mid afternoon gave way to late afternoon, I got increasingly antsy.  I mustn't be late for the first party I've been able to attend in ages!


I got ready and headed out.  I wasn't alarmed by the lack of cars in the driveway because (a) I was early and (b) I knew she'd invited a lot of women from the neighborhood...why would they drive less than a block?


She seemed surprised to see me -- I asked if I had the time wrong.  God, I hadn't missed it, had I?


Nope.


I was a week early.


Woops.

7 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

You were really early. I would have laughed.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

teeheehee!
too cute!

Shockgrubz said...

I'd say that's the downside to punctuality.

LTM said...

ahh, poor Miss V. I hope you stayed for a drink anyway! :D I can honestly say I haven't done this. Yet. ;p <3

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Did you tell her you just wanted to be sure you got a good seat?

Carolyn V said...

lol! I hope you guys went out and did something fun for your punctuality. ;)

Wendy Ramer said...

Although it wasn't my error, I had the shameful experience of being the wedding date of a guy who hadn't seen the bridge or groom since college. I had traveled to Paris (from Spain) to be his date. (We were sleeping together, okay?)We drove miles out of town to this countryside church to find no cars and lots of popped balloons. We figured we were in the wrong area and another event had just ended. It was Sunday. Guess when the friend's wedding was...yep, the day before.