Join the Madness

Friday, February 17, 2012

Completely Random Facts

My son won't wear pajamas.  He sleeps in his regular clothes most of the time.

For some reason, when I hear 180 days I always think it's 3 months.  That would mean each month was 60 days long which I don't even want to THINK about.

I started using a computer back in the day when file names couldn't be longer than 8 characters.  As much as I hated being limited back then, I feel like I'm being wasteful when I have to use a really long title now.

Anyone remember floppy disks?

When I get mad, I always picture a red exclamation point over my head -- filling up from bottom to top like a thermometer.

My librarian in first through fourth grade (can't even remember her name) used to chastise us for not finishing books so often that I STILL feel guilty if I don't finish one.

Did you know that if you accidentally transpose digits to a popular investment company, you will be connected with a sex line?


No, I won't tell you which company or which digits.

I'm making THIS for breakfast tomorrow.

Got any randomness of your own you'd like to share?




5 comments:

SA Larsenッ said...

Nice. Your son won't wear PJs. Mine, the 8yr-old, won't wear underwear. Yeah.

I shared some randomness today, too!

DL Hammons said...

I will never eat more than two hot dogs, no matter how starved I am. I ate three hot dogs once when I was a kid and was seriously ill that night, so from then on it was only two hot dogs...TOPS! :)

Val said...

I used to love playing the old Oregon Trail game on floppy disk for the Apple IIe. It's like PONG compared to the games of today.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What did you do when you reached that sex line?
And yes, sadly, I remember floppy discs...

Kate@Midnight Book Girl said...

I am coming to your house for breakfast tomorrow. :)

I constantly tie my straw wrapper into a knot and pull, trying to make the knot come undone. It's something we use to do in high school (if the knot comes undone then the person you're thinking of is also thinking of you at that moment), and even though I'm 34 and happily married I still do it. Then I usually end up kicking the Hubs in the shin when the knot stays tied.