Join the Madness

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ten Reasons to Read Making Waves

I don't do that many reviews, mostly because so many of YOU do them so much better, there's no need for my backwards attempts.  But, when I read something I really like (like, really like like), I feel compelled to share it with you.


And so here I am.


On a Saturday.


This is the object of my adoration:




From the back:

She always wanted to belong...just not to a dysfunctional pirate crew Juli has trouble fitting in, though she'd prefer to keep the reasons to herself. But when she mistakenly stows away on a ship of misfit corporate castoffs, her own secrets become the least of her concerns. He knows plotting a diamond heist may be considered unusual behavior... But Alex isn't feeling very normal when his unscrupulous boss kicks him to the curb. Meeting Juli doesn't do much to restore normalcy to Alex's life either, but it sure is exhilarating! As Alex and Juli bare their secrets-and a whole lot more-they find that while normal is nice, weird can be wonderful.


This book is so funny, I laughed out loud while on walking to nowhere on the treadmill.  My gym comrades probably thought I'd lost it, but I didn't look up to see if they were giving me the stink eye because I didn't want to stop reading for even those few seconds.


I don't want to give anything away, so allow me to be cryptic with the following Ten Reasons You Should Read This Book:


1. Juli. Juli. Juli.  She's my new BFF.  Quirky and loveable. And I LOVE she's thirty-something.
2. The sea sickness medication
3. The spatula
4. The number 4
5. Cody's secret wardrobe.
6. Uncle Frank 
7. Phyllis - her naivete made me laugh...and what she says she wants to do to Jake. 
8. Malcolm - the pretentious pirate - made me laugh...and I want his "booty" 
9. The cheese doodle scene - made me laugh snort. Loudly. In public.
10. Jake & Phyllis' six cases of **something** damned near made me swallow my tongue.


I could go on and on.  If you are looking for a smart, fun, romantic comedy you can't go wrong with Making Waves. Seriously.

5 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Okay, now that really wasn't fair at all. The spatula??? You're a tease, Vicki!

mshatch said...

I have heard this is a fun book and Tawna's blog is a hoot; she often makes me laugh.

Julie Dao said...

This book sounds like a hoot and a half! I'm greatly in need of some fun lighthearted reads. Thanks for the review!

Nicole MacDonald said...

I just love books that make me *lol* and that list is a hoot, Vicky ;p
Damsel in a Dirty Dress

DL Hammons said...

I just love it when someone posts a gushing review of a book by a blogger I follow. Good for Tawna!