Join the Madness

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Premeditated Murder

I've been scarce in the blogosphere lately -- my apologies.  I've been trying to finish up the WIP but in true Vicki fashion, just as I near the end I have a new idea to make it better but essentially means I have to start back at square 1.

So I've got the new outline nearly done and I'll get to use a good chunk of things I've already written

BUT

I'm also going to have to kill off some of my little darlings.  



Some passages/ideas I can rescue by incorporating elsewhere, but there are several chapters I'm going to have to nix completely. 

I know this is for the best and that it will make the book better overall, I'm mourning for them. 



--sniff sniff--
But the good news is the new arrangement lends itself to a sequel MUCH better than it did before...which I can't believe I'm saying since I have kinda distorted views on sequels I shall share with you later this week.

In the meantime I hope you are well and I'll be making the rounds again soon...



I hope.

6 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Oh wow! Can't wait to read it!!

SA Larsenッ said...

Yay! for the new idea. I love it when that happens. And the extra work you're doing will only make the story stronger. Way to go!

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

ugh! this happens to me and its frustrating as heck! because you think, "almost done, then i'll just have to clean 'er up..."
WHA- BAM!!!!
starting over time!
still though- you're right makes the stories better.
also regarding the slaughter of darlings: it grows to become a delightful enterprise. you'll find yourself skipping through your book land, bloodied machete in hand, whistling walking on sunshine. :)

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Just look at it as a rewrite -- one of many throughout your series.
I'm looking forward to the finished book.
GO VICKI!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It always gets better when you have to axe things out. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

DL Hammons said...

Can you at least make it quick?! :)