Join the Madness

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pharmaceutical Intervention...

When I was in Mexico, I had a bout of intestinal discomfort.  Luckily, we'd brought a few Imodium with us, so it wasn't nearly as ugly as it could have been.  That is until Friday, the day we were supposed to leave.  We were still feeling a little off.  Which presented a problem since we were out of Imodium.

Would you want to be confined to a plane for 4 hours and not have complete confidence in your lower digestive tract?

Didn't think so.  Neither did we.

So I wandered downstairs to the gift shop and bought some more.  THAT was an adventure.  How can you be sure you're getting what you need when the labels are in Spanish?  

As luck would have it, we didn't need it so I had a very expensive souvenir to add to my medicine cabinet.

Fast forward to yesterday. I woke up with some errrrr intestinal issues.  And as I clutched my abdomen in agony, I had an epiphany of sorts. 

Being sick sucks.

Okay, so it's not much of a breakthrough, but I did come some conclusions.

Revelation Number One: 
I'm hesitant to take my Mexican Medicine.  On the one hand, since the country is famous for having this effect on travelers, one would think their remedy would be potent and effective, right?  But then, the land is also known for causing calamities of the colon (dig my alliteration there?) so I'm torn.

Revelation Number Two: 
Going to the bathroom every 10 minutes is a pain


Literally.

Revelation Number Three: 
The only thing worse than going to the bathroom every 10 minutes is NOT going.  Perhaps you're not following me.  If I'm not going it means all that gak is trapped inside. INSIDE.  

Churning, gurgling, fermenting. 

Isn't it better for the overall balance of the system to get the diseased yuck OUT?  

Let's consider: 

-You get a lot more exercise running back and forth
-You put your reflexes to the test.  Sometimes you have got to MOVE to get to the bathroom on time.
-It forces you to drink water -- let's face it, you weren't drinking enough to begin with.-It's a natural colon cleanse...you may not have wanted it, but natural is always better than unnatural, right?

I could probably come up with more, but I kinda gotta run...

9 comments:

shruti mahour said...

I think Going to the bathroom within every 10 minutes its a pain.... Thanks

colon cleansing

Sarah Pearson said...

You have my sympathies, I'll just stand over here out of your way :-)

Hope you're feeling better now.

SA Larsenッ said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon. Um, you do know that if you would have told a stewardess on the plane that you weren't feeling well, they would have booted you off? They can't allow an ill person to cross over the American border. Now how I know that? It happened to the young couple behind us on our flight home from Mexico. All she said was that she had a stomachache. I felt so bad for them. I thought her young husband was going to kill her for saying something.

Feel better....

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sorry, Vicki! Go drink a bunch of water. That guarantees you will spend the entire day in the bathroom.
Be sure to take reading material.

April Plummer said...

Oh man! Yes, drink lots of water. I can't imagine all that! I'm sorry for your pain and hope you feel better very, very soon!

Roxy said...

Being sick does suck! Sorry you've got a bug. Your list of the positive aspects of your condition made me laugh though. Keep that sense of humor, Miss V.

DL Hammons said...

"...gotta run"

You have to love the irony! :) Get better soon!

Rhonda said...

Catch 22 of the intestines. Never fun.

Carolyn V said...

I hope you feel better soon! How awful! But I'm glad you made it on the flight okay.