Join the Madness

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Paper Clip

So there I was, at my desk one day not too long ago, staring at a screen full of office supplies.  

We needed paper clips - the standard size - but I couldn't tell by looking at the pictures which offering suited my needs.  I found a box that said "Size 1" but it didn't offer any measurements.  Was that an inch? A half inch? Three inches?

So I did what any stumped individual does these days, I turned to Google.  

My first search turned up a bunch of office supply stores -- they weren't any help. I'm pretty sure they all have the exact same descriptions/merchandise.

So I clicked over to images hoping to find someone who had lined up the various sizes and labeled them. I know it sounds like a really lame way to spend an afternoon, but it would have been very helpful!

What I found was so much better...

Who knew a paper clip could be so complex?










I ended up ordering size 1.  We'll see if I lucked out.

8 comments:

Amy L. Sonnichsen said...

You are freakin' kidding me! Who has time to name the paperclip parts? I will never claim to be bored again. Thank goodness for Google! I wealth of information!

Hope the #1 size works for you, Vicki! :)

T.D. McFrost said...

0_0

Matthew MacNish said...

Hah! Oh my. That webpage is so funny.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Naming all of those parts - someone had too much time on his hands. Hope you ordered the right ones!

April Plummer said...

Wow. Who knew a paperclip had so many different parts! It's a bent piece of metal! Not even metal. Wire, more like. Crazy. That is too funny.

Susanne Drazic said...

LOL. I'll never look at paper clips the same way again.

DL Hammons said...

Abbott must have an innee belly button and Costello an outee. Ya think? :)

Rhonda said...

When in doubt, guess. Or go to the office supply store.