Join the Madness

Monday, January 2, 2012

Mock Me Monday - Flogging the Blogger

Today's Mock Me entry won't take long to share.  In fact, I can do it in ONE sentence.  How's that for efficiency? 


Are you ready?  Here's the most embarrassing (and concise) confession I've ever made:


I have 300 messages in my inbox that I still need to reply to.


I can't believe I just admitted that.  So here's what I'm going to do.  Since I have today off, I'm going to set a chunk of time aside to replying to as many of those 300 as I can.  Meanwhile, I open up the comments for a public flogging.


Have you ever left a witty/insightful/encouraging comment on a post only to have it completely ignored?  Let me know about your anger/frustration/disappointment.  Today, I am taking the heat for every blogger that ever fell behind.  


Go ahead, let me have it.

7 comments:

KarenG said...

Are you referring to the comments that show up in one's inbox? Sometimes I wonder about those. Is it really necessary to personally answer each one? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. The email answers are nice but I figure people would prefer a visit to their blog and a comment. The debate continues: email answers, on post answers, return blog visit and comment.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It would take me a month to accumulate that many emails!

Lindsay said...

That's a lot of emails, but don't feel bad. Email lapses happen to the best of us. And i say that having a number of emails in MY inbox I need to respond to as well. lol.

Val said...

Meh. Don't sweat it. A reply is a bonus. I reply in my comments section every night, because I don't get many comments. Some bloggers never reply. It does not stop me from commenting.

LTM said...

Meh, don't beat yourself up too badly. I mean, I leave thoughtful comments, but then I have others who leave thoughtful comments and then I'll get hit by the bread truck and can't get to them for a day or two. It happens. We bloggers must be flexible and understanding. It's the nature of the medium.

Now happy new year to you, Miss V! See you soon~ <3

Jules said...

Since I'm as guilty as you no flogging from me! Happy New Year though! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

i've gotten that high before too, but then when i really look at it, i don't need to respond to half of them, i just had some smartass comment i wanted to make, and by the time i've gotten around to trying to reply i can't remember the comment anymore!
right now i have 30 sitting... need to get to that!