Vicki Rocho's Thirteen Completely Irrational Fears
- Outhouse style bathrooms (the seat will fall in and I'll die a horrible death)
- Sewers - I'll slip and fall and meet a horrible disfiguring death -- or the sewer rats will eat me while I'm unconscious from bumping my head on impact
- Metal grates in sidewalks -- they'll collapse and I'll fall to my death
- Spiders - they're watching me. They know what I've done to their kinfolk and they're plotting against me.
- Public fights -- I don't stand to watch because someone might pull a gun and I'll get shot
- Roads that curve to the left -- especially if there's any kind of drop off on the right side of the car. Again, falling and death figure prominently
- Lice - It's been almost two years since we got invaded, but I STILL examine my hairline every morning. Talk about post-traumatic stress disorder
- Things in my eye - Not only will I never order contacts, but I'll never go in for laser surgery. The thought of ANYTHING touching my eyeball gives me the willies
- Coughing up a bug - You know how they say we swallow spiders and things in our sleep? I'm always scared I might cough one up. I'd need therapy afterward, and I'm not even kidding
- Losing my teeth - I have these horrible dreams where my teeth just sort of crumble away. I go to the dentist regularly, so I don't know where this comes from, but at least it doesn't involve my potential demise!
- Stuff on my toothbrush. I rinse it off when I'm done, and store it in a cabinet so the chances of anything gross getting on it are minimal, but I still rinse it REALLY well before I put the toothpaste on.
- Things in my shoes. Specifically creepy crawly things. I shake and pound them before I stick my tootsies inside.
- Breaking the sink. When I lean over to spit into the sink after brushing my teeth, I'm paranoid the sink will break off like it does in the movies. It's a wall-mounted sink and original to the house (which is older than I am) so this might not be completely irrational.
What about you? Any irrational fear you want to 'fess up to?