Join the Madness

Friday, January 13, 2012

Having a Meltdown

Hubs took me to Applebee's for lunch recently. Being extremely cautious with calories these days, I ordered the Paradise Chicken Salad. It had the Weight Watchers logo next to it so I figured it was safe.

It was super yummy and I was satisfied with my choice.  Later, though, I looked up the calories in other salads and about fell off my chair. I love their Oriental Chicken Salad, but don't know if I'll be ordering it again.

It's hard to believe "Triple Chocolate Meltdown" has fewer calories than these 6 salads. (There are more than that, I just clipped the nutritional table short so it'd fit).  Don't believe me? Look for yourself:

The moral of this story?  If you're watching your waistline and going to Applebee's, you should DEFINITELY skip the salad and order the Triple Chocolate Meltdown instead.

It's the right thing to do.

6 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

That's great advice! Lol

SA Larsenッ said...

This is so true! and maddening. I despise when restaurants mislead us. Salad is green, earthy, and supposed to be 'all that's good for us.' Blah...

Must admit; I've fallen for this. *hangs head

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Doesn't that stuff just scare you? Most of those meals are the equivalent of two or more meals.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

hahahahahaaaaa!
go figure!
yesterday i had just about plain salad with veggies all day so i could have a cupcake at night.
what i needed was to go to applebees, apparently.

Carolyn V said...

No way! I'm totally ordering dessert first.

Nicole Zoltack said...

LOL I'm definitely ordering that the next time I go to Applebees!