Join the Madness

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Delightful New Read

Once upon a time, long long ago I unwittingly unleashed spammer's hellhound at work.  In my defense, I didn't know better. This was my first job with (gasp) an internet connection and while I'd been cautioned to be careful opening suspicious messages, this message was from my BOSS.  If I didn't trust him, who the heck could I trust?


Yeah, I now know when it comes to spam and viruses you don't trust anyone. Ever.

The upside -- if there is one -- would be that I learned my lesson.   Henceforth (don't you just love that word?) I exercised great caution with all things online. 

Still do, if you wanna know the truth.

For instance, I've been seeing ads for this book in ShelfAwareness' daily newsletter.  It looked intriguing but I never (EVER) click on ads. I'm sure ShelfAwareness can be trusted, but what if I'm wrong?  What if I clicked on the one and only ad that was bad?


Nope, not gonna do it.  If something interests me, I'll do a search for the product and go directly to their main site.  

So tonight I was at the library with the kidlings and there it was -- on the new release rack.  I snagged it up and started reading while waiting for the kidlings to finish making their selections.  I have one word: DELIGHTFUL.


Curious to know what it is?


THIS:



Here's the copy from the back:

What if God were a teenage boy?  In the beginning, Bob created the heavens and the earth and the beasts of the field and the creatures of the sea, and twenty-five million other species (including lots of gorgeous girls). But mostly he prefers eating junk food and leaving his dirty clothes in a heap at the side of his bed.  


Every time he falls in love, earth erupts in natural disasters. So humankind is going to be very sorry indeed he ever ran into the beautiful, completely irresistible girl called Lucy...

I'm only on chapter 5 (they're short chapters), but this is already making me smile. Meg Rosoff has a wonderful sense of humor.  Can't wait to see where this leads.

5 comments:

shelly said...

The blurb is tempting.

Creepy Query Girl said...

This sounds absolutely adorable! Lemme know if you liked it all the way through!

Carolyn V said...

Oooo, the book sounds so fun! I don't click on ads either. You just never know.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you found the book and avoided a virus!

DL Hammons said...

Spammers Hellhound

Perfect description!