Join the Madness

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mock Me Monday - What Makes Me Laugh

**********************************************
I will be scarce for the next few days.  I've got a virus on my computer and I will not be logging on to anything requiring a password until it's fixed.  I'm using the kids' computer now which means I had to wait until they were all in bed before I got a turn.
**********************************************

I'm known for many things amongst my friends and family.  Most of these things we shall not discuss here.  The trait in question is my love of leaving notes.  I write them in the back of the kids' spiral binders.  I write them on Post-Its and hide them all over the house.  

My hope is that when they stumble across one of my haphazard notes that it will make them smile.  Sometimes it's just a simple hi.  Sometimes it gives a brief rundown of what's going on in the house.  Whatever the message, I always date the note because I want to know how long it takes them to find it.

My memory isn't what it used to be.  In fact, it kinda sucks.  If I don't write it down, it not only doesn't get done, but it is completely obliterated from the memory banks...like it never even existed in the first place.  

It seems natural, then, that I'd spend a good deal of time writing notes for myself. If I'm going to the store I'll jot down a quick list.  If I'm going on a trip, I make a "do not forget" list days ahead of time so I have plenty of time to remember everything that needs to be remembered.

Most of my notes to myself are of the electronic variety.  My daughter laughs at me because of the number of text messages I send to myself every day....way more than to anyone else combined.

So it wasn't too big of a surprise last Friday when I received yet another email reminder in my inbox.  But this one was different because it made me laugh out loud.  

Emphasis on the loud. 

It seems last year at about this time, I set a reminder on my Google calendar about a very special event in the Rocho household.  December 5th to be exact.

Yes, my friends, I'm happy to announce that today is my toilet's 21st birthday.  Yes, you read that right.  I set a reminder about my toilet's birthday.  It was a year ago today I discovered a date stamped/engraved into the porcelain on the inside of my tank.

How do you suppose one should go about celebrating a birthday of this nature?

Should we drop 21 lit birthday candles into the bowl?
Flush a little cake and ice cream?

5 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

well you could eat the cake and ice cream and then...well, you the picture. LOL yuck.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Make a root beer float inside the bowl!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! thats soooo funny. ha ha ha ha. who could wanna know how old their toilet is. but cause you know now for sure you gotta celebrate. you could give it some sparkle toilet paper. i could just hear you singing happy birthday dear toilet. ha ha.
...smiles and hugs from lenny

Ed Pilolla said...

i also need to write notes to remind myself of things becuz the ol' memory just ain't what it used to be. then i lose my notes and scramble to find them, hyperventilating and bothering everyone until i do, like just an hour ago when i misplaced a phone number:)

celebrate with a routine christening:)

Bish Denham said...

Give it a banana split? That is just too funny. My dad wrote down quotes from famous people and left them around the house. Mostly they were in the kitchen inside the cabinet doors. There was always something inspiring to read.