Join the Madness

Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mr. Niedermaier!

It's been a whole year and I've still not heard from the elusive Craig Niedermaier.


For those of you who are new, here's the scoop:


I frequently have very vivid dreams.  

Last December 1st/2nd I dreamed about an imaginary neighbor named Craig Niedermaier who (after only knowing me for a day) invited me to go to Morocco for the weekend with him and his daughters. I wanted to go, but then suddenly I remembered my husband and children and the last thing I know I'm trying to kill an infestation of bed bugs in the hallway of the apartment...they kept creeping down in the cracks of the hard wood floors which resulted in a comical game of Whack-A-Mole.


Yeah.


So, when I woke up, I Googled "Craig Niedermaier Chicago" and was surprised to find THERE REALLY IS SOMEONE with that name!  Thus began my quest to "meet" the man.


Now, if you do a search for Craig Niedermaier I come up as #3.  Muuuuahahahahaha


I had a contest between Craig Niedermaier and Peter McKay,  (If you don't know who Peter is, you should click over right now and read some of his columns.  Hysterical)  Peter won hands down, obviously.  He's good like that. 


Maybe it's a waste of time.
Maybe it's a little pathetic.
Maybe I should just give it up...but I don't care. 

I want to hear from him.


The only rule I have is that I cannot contact him directly...that's a copout.  I'm open to suggestions though.  

How do you get a total stranger to notice you?


Anyone?

16 comments:

Murugi Njehia said...

HAHAHA!I have checked the search and yes you are third! This is a tricky one..if you right him an email and explain your story he will think your crazy!! Let's just say...your situation is funny! Great blog, i am a new follower. :)

salarsenッ said...

Send him his favorite pizza???? :)

I love the description in your first paragraph. I remember that. lol Have a great weekend.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier,craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier, craig niedermaier

let's get you up to #1!

Jen Daiker said...

I hear flashing is effective. Since you can't have direct contact with him you can find a guinea pig (No, not the animal) to do the work for you!

Of course, stalking would be involved at that point. Hmmm, maybe I'm not the person to ask.

SO HAPPY TO BE HERE!! Man, you're right, I was wiped out. It's so nice to stop in and see others comments. Makes me happy! I can do three days a week (though it's slightly depressing).

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Run naked into his office?

Okay, maybe not. That one might get you arrested.

Stephen Tremp said...

I try running naked past them and smiling. Hasn't worked yet, but the law of averages are working in my favor!

Talli Roland said...

Have you tried stalking? I find that works quite well, but you do need to invest a bit of time.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So would someone else pointing him to your blog also be a copout?
And Stephen, please don't run naked anywhere near me...

Janet Johnson said...

You know, I actually missed the initial story. Too funny that he exists! And I'm afraid it's all about dumb luck if you can't contact him directly. :) Fate, right?

Jennie Bailey said...

Ooooh, this is fun! How to get him to meet you without directly contacting him. Does that mean you can't find out where he gets his lattes and start getting yours there as well? At the same time in the morning? And accidentally grab his instead so that you have to exchange your coffees and pleasantries?

Lydia Kang said...

Send him a letter that says, "Somebody is googling you."

alexia said...

Ha, this is hilarious! I admire your dedication. If only good old Craig knew he's an internet sensation. Good luck!

shelly said...

I had something similar when I was away on vacation with a different name. It was really weird and freaked me out.

Theresa Milstein said...

I forgot about Craig!

Getting a total stranger to notice me? Never happens.

Julie Musil said...

OMG, that is so funny! Um, I'd say the way to attract his attention is to blog about him where you're #3 on a Google search!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

No ideas right this moment, but good luck with your quest. LOL