Join the Madness

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Santa

Still no word on my computer.  I'm typing this up on my lunch hour, so maybe I'll get a call this afternoon.

In the meantime, I ran across the BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD (pun sooooo intended -- you'll see)!  This is going at the top of my Christmas list, and if I don't get it from Santa, I will just have to purchase it myself.


Dear Santa ThinkGeek Elves,

I love your site.  You have so many unique gift ideas -- I directed the whole family to thinkgeek.com when searching for gift ideas for my son.  I know some followed my advice because there happened to be a cute little monkey sticker in some of the packages. 

What I want to know is where were these delightful USB Toast Hand Warmers when I spent hours pouring over your site deliberating over Christmas gifts for said son?   I could have easily slipped it into my order a couple weeks ago and no one would have been any wiser. Now it's too late -- I'd have to break the thirty day rule and that's too serious to contemplate.

I need these.  Do you know how cold my hands and feet get in the winter?  (OOOH! I have another USB port, can you guys make a line of USB powered slippers?  My tootsies would thank you.)  

I work at a computer all day.  It is so hard to type with frozen digits!  These suckers (errr toasters?) will increase my productivity, and save innocent bystanders! (I can't help but reach out and grab their arms to prove how icy my hands are).  You might even save a marriage.  Poor hubs is not at all pleased when I go to bed (after hours of toiling away on a manuscript) with sub-zero extremities. 

So, ThinkGeek.com, won't you make a new (but oh-so-devoted) customer even happier by making sure these handwarmers make it under my tree? Email me for directions... MissVSpeaks (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks so much!

Vicki Rocho

*************************

Okay, now that my blatant plea for help is out of the way, what's at the top of YOUR wish list this year?

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I so need to visit that site!

shelly said...

LOL! What about hairdressers?

GigglesandGuns said...

I went straight to that site. Too late for this year but the birthdays start in January.

Gloves for my hands and something for my ankles -- oh, heaven.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

oh WOW! those are brilliant! i hear you on the cold hands and feet! i have raynaud's syndrome, and winter is sooooo terrible! ow!

Carolyn V said...

A usb hand warmer? That is just cool!

I've been doing edits, what happened to your computer? I'm super worried. Just saying. I don't think I could stand not being with my compy.

Saumya said...

Okay, I desperately need this now. Props to you for blogging during your lunch hour, you efficient woman, you. I usually doze off during that time, haha.

LTM said...

Those! THOSE!!! omg. That's the most hilariously awesome thing I've ever seen. I want those for my feet, too!

I foresee much time wasted at thinkgeek.com... :D

Janet Johnson said...

Hilarious! I want them for my feet, too. My computer is downstairs. And it is always cold there. Always!

Top of my wishlist? Chance to go to another writing conference! :)

Jolene Perry said...

Think geek is SO much fun :D LOVE those guys.