Join the Madness

Monday, November 28, 2011

Mock Me Monday - Cupcake Caper

Sometimes the painfully obvious eludes me. That's what gives me so much Mock Me Monday fodder.  I sacrifice my pride to entertain, aren't you glad?


Once, I was named Cupcake Caretaker.  Yes, a tray full of colorful, scrumptious looking cupcakes was entrusted to MY care. 

We won't discuss the intelligence of this move.  The owner of said cupcakes apparently didn't know of my terrible frosting affliction.  I valiantly fought off would-be munchers.  But late in the day, I was left alone.


With the cupcakes.


If you suffer from a sugar addiction like mine, then you'll know that cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, and other num nums have a voice and they call out to those who can hear. Kinda like Harry Potter speaking that snake language...

Anyway, there's only so much resistance in this body, and when the afternoon munchies set in, I couldn't help myself, I snuck off to the secret cupcake hideout and snagged me one of the beauties.


I ate it, and it was wonderful.  The cake (white in this case) was moist and light.  The frosting was smooth and (of course) sweet. 


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


I might have gotten away with it too, but I overlooked one very important small detail.


Sometimes food coloring stains.


And in this case my teeth and lips were GREEN.


So I'm smiling away at the world, completely unaware that I'm announcing my guilt with every toothy grin.


The moral of the story?  Eat the frosting first so the cake will help 'wash' away the evidence.  








A reminder about the Well I Never Blogfest December 1st. Just post a line or two about something you've never done, never thought you would do or just don't understand. 
 
Sign up below:
 



12 comments:

Al said...

successful criminals are devious criminals?

salarsenッ said...

Haha...colorful teeth. Love that!!

Jen Daiker said...

Cupackes are delicious and that's amazing advice that I'm pocketing. I definitely need to wash away the evidence of my cupcake addiction too!

LTM said...

LOL! Omg, Vicki, you are so dang funny. :D I can just see you with the snakey cupcakes calling to you, "Vickiiii... sssss...." ;p

Bish Denham said...

OMG! Darn that sugar addiction! You do seem to get yourself into some strange/funny situations.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Ha, great advice, I'll remember that. :D I love this post. :)

Nicole MacDonald said...

I got a sugar hangover cause my friend left me sitting with a kilo of liquorice allsorts.... not good ;p

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Darn that food coloring!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

That sounds like something I would do. :P

Jolene Perry said...

Green teeth.
Hysterical.

I'm totally tied up in blog posts this week and next :(
But I'll be checking on everyone else :D

Copyboy said...

I second Sish's sugary deduction. Though we all fall victim to the mistress of sweets 'n treats.

Susanne Drazic said...

LOL, that would be me. Keep those lttle finger teeth cleaner thingies in your pocket for next time. That way you can eat the sweets and get rid of all evidence.
;)