Join the Madness

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Managing Disappointment

You know that feeling you get when you read a book by a beloved author only to find the new one didn't quite measure up? 

Don't get me wrong...it was good and you're glad you read it, but it just didn't quite measure up to your lofty expectations? 

That feeling has now landed in my cupboard. Look at this. Is it any wonder I'm disappointed every time I crack one open? 







Clearly I'm missing another inch or two of chocolatey goodness.  I think this borders on false advertising.

9 comments:

KarenG said...

Packaging is the world's way of telling us to get ready for big disappointments. We get so excited and then crash bang. Have you noticed that even the mini candy bars are tinier than their tiny packages?

Reid Kemper said...

I guess sometimes it's hard for an author to write a sequel better than the first unless the writer takes a whole new turn and adds something fresh. Also, the picture reminded me of the Cadbury Egg conspiracy, when the eggs shrunk in size and the company claimed we just got bigger.

Jules said...

You did not hear? Quaker has a scandal going on. Someone is bootlegging 1" treats on E-Bay. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I definitely know what you mean. Sucks when that's the one that leaves a lasting impression. It means I might not buy the next book, especially if there are so many others I want to read.

Theresa Milstein said...

That is scammy packaging. Don't even get me started on coffee cans!

I know what you mean about books. I look forward to reading a new book by a favorite author. Such a shame when it's not up to snuff.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some settling may occur...

LTM said...

BAH!!! LOLOL!!! Vicki. You are such a nut. I swear, you always leave me smiling.

That's what she said! :D

sorry your thing's so short... TWSS! :D

stopping now...

Janet Johnson said...

I feel the same way! Amen.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I've noticed lots of things are being packaged in the same size packages with less ounces in them. I think it's the economy...businesses are trying to save every penny they can. :(